On January 16, following the election results of the Board of Directors of the OpenFog Consortium, ShanghaiTech Distinguished Professor-in-Residence Yang Yang was appointed Director of the OpenFog Consortium Greater China Region (GCR) Committee. During his term, Professor Yang, representing ShanghaiTech will lead and promote the research, development, testing, and standardizing efforts in the GCR, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and mainland China. The OpenFog GCR Committee will accelerate the adoption of fog computing to solve the bandwidth, latency and communications challenges associated with the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, the Tactile Internet and other advanced concepts in the digitized world.
The OpenFog Consortium (OpenFog) is a public-private ecosystem formed to accelerate the adoption of fog computing. It was founded by ARM, Cisco, Dell, Intel, Microsoft and Princeton University in November 2015 and currently has over 50 member organizations throughout the world.
Website of the OpenFog Consortium：https://www.openfogconsortium.org/
- School of Physical Science and Technology (SPST)
- School of Life Science and Technology (SLST)
- School of Information Science and Technology (SIST)
- School of Entrepreneurship and Management (SEM)
- School of Creativity and Art (SCA)
- Institute of Humanities (IH)
- School of Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies (SIAIS)
- iHuman Institute
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMS)
- Tech Transfer
- Campus Life