Accepting applications for a Research Assistant Professor position in Prof. Dimitrios Koumoulis's lab (NMR in materials science) in the Shanghai School of Physical Science and Technology (SPST) at Shanghaitech University
Author: SPST Date: 2017-05-10 Browse: 424
Materials Science and Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Prof. Dimitrios Koumoulis
Application for a Research Assistant Professor
Accepting applications for a Research Assistant Professor position in Prof. Dimitrios Koumoulis's lab (NMR in materials science) in the Shanghai School of Physical Science and Technology (SPST) at Shanghaitech University.
In our lab, we develop and utilize solid-state NMR techniques for materials research. Our interest lies on the areas of materials science, inorganic chemistry and nanotechnology, broadly defined, and the investigation of related subjects, such as narrow-gap semiconductors, strongly correlated electron systems, thermo-electrics, ferroelectrics, nano-catalysts, superconductors, superhard materials and their relevant emergent phenomena and applications.
1. Candidates should have a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in one of the following majors: condensed matter physics, materials science or related fields.
2. A previous post-doc experience is required.
3. Strong experience in experimental solid-state NMR spectroscopy is required.
4. Experience in density functional theory (DFT) calculations is required.
5. Good publication record in international conferences and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
6. Fluent in oral and written English and technical writing skills are required.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Candidate should demonstrate competency in complex and independent research projects; being self-motivated, pro-active, hard-working, and having a good teamwork mind-set.
2. To supervise the experiments and data analysis of students as needed.
3. To assist the safety management of the laboratory daily operation.
We invite qualified and highly motivated candidates to email (all in English) a cover letter, a full CV, together with a summary of research interests, copies of two representative publications, and two letters of reference to email@example.com, cc to firstname.lastname@example.org