|Assistant Professor、PI in Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management, ShanghaiTech University, 2014- B.A. in Business Administration, Sun Yat-sen University, 2009 Ph.D. in Enterprise Management, Peking University, 2014|
|Dr. Xiaoyu Zhou is interested in how institutions and market environment affect the corporation and individuals’ innovation and entrepreneurship. He has been working on these projects: (1) Corporate social responsibility strategies of Chinese listed firms; (2) The mechanism of academic entrepreneurship in China; (3) Field experiments for studying how macro-level factors influence human behaviors.|
1. Zhang, Y., X. Zhou, and W. Lei, “Social Capital and its Contingent Value in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Western China”, World Development, in press.
2. 周小宇, 符国群, and 王锐. "关系导向战略与创新导向战略是相互替代还是互为补充——来自中国私营企业的证据." 南开管理评论 19.4 (2016): 13-26.
3. Zhou, X., Y. Han, and R. Wang, “An Empirical Investigation on Firms’ Proactive and Passive Motivation for Bribery,” Journal of Business Ethics, 2013, 118(3): 461-472.
1. “The Variation of Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies of Public Firms in China” (with Y. Zhang, H. Wang, and M. Lyles)
a) Strategic Management Society Annual Conference 2016, Berlin, Germany;
b) INFORMS Marketing Science Conference 2016, Shanghai, China;
c) American Marketing Association 2016 Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference, Las Vegas, USA.
* Best Paper Winner for International Conference of Asian Marketing Associations
2. “Anomalies in the Iron Cage: Network Contagion in Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies”;
3. “Does Adding a Diversity Character Help, Hurt or Have no Influence on Movie Performance? Evidence from Lab and Field”.